Google
 
Web northerncalm.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Aut0Surf With A Zero And GAP Updates

In a few moments I'll post my little discussion/interview with the Aut0Surf admin. It's a mildly amusing read and raised my confidence in Aut0Surf a little, at least in relation to it being worth a spin!

And in other Aut0Surf news, they continue to be my current favourite autosurf baby (note that GAP is my fave autosurf toddler/small child!)…

Why?

In the purely extraneous category:

The name is catchy, if you say Autosurf with a zero!
The site beeps at you. (So does pretty much every other site.)

In the less extraneous category, recently they moved to dedicated hosting. Basically, the admin said they were going to move to some nice juicy hosting within the next day or two and they did. No mucking about, no noticeable downtime, and all minor problems that remained were quickly sorted out. A great way to gain some cred amongst the surf-lovers.

“The server was ordered on Wednesday with a lead time of 2 days. So hopefully the server will be ready today.

Once its ready, we will quickly take the site down to tranfer files to the server then place a redirection on the shared server to the IP of the new server while DNS issues are updating.

I am not expecting much downtime but as you can imagine some users may experience a short spell in downtime.

Starting from a shared server was taken on advice given from the host, however instead of going through this process when the site starts to grow, I decided to do it now to prevent further confussions.

Sorry about the look of the site today, I am getting a new look installed.”

So they completed that move with no noticeable whiplash - nice.

And back to the extraneous category, many people like the design and it is prettier than the majority of sites - I don’t know why surf admins bother with ugly, standard designs when it is cheap-as (or easy-as if you can do it yourself) to at least get it prettied up a bit!

And back to the less extraneous column - people are being paid.

And now to the ‘latest updates about Aut0surf column:

“I do not want to get into any arguments with any members on this, but I have to explain a few things and get this sorted from an early stage.

Aut0Surf is an autosurf site, which states that people will receive the daily commissions if they surf a set number of sites. In the case of Aut0Surf people need to surf 10 sites to get the 7%.

In the case of network issues and the site being offline for the majority of the day I will make the decision if to credit the members for the downtime, and of course this information will be posted on the following forums

MoneyMakerGroup, TalkGold, KingofDollars, TheSafeList, DreamTeamMoney, EMarketCafe, ASA Forum & GlobalGoldTalk.

If a member forgets to surf for one day, please email me stating that you forgot and I may credit, however this is not a guarantee. Please do not state that the server was down when I have proof that the server has maintained 100% uptime so far.

Members today are looking for honest and fair admins, all I ask is that the members be honest with me. If you forgot to surf say so, please do not state the server was offline when it was not.

Members have 24 hours to surf to claim the 7%. If when the member tries they have an ISP problem, please try later.

I am running a open and fair site, all I ask is the members be open and fair to me.

Scott

PS If a member continues to forget to surf, may I suggest that they look into the various HYIPs that are out there that do not require any daily activities from the members.”

Fair enough! (Seeing as the title of that email update was in fact fairness.)

And in GlobalAdsPro news:

Yes, we had server downtime during August 24th - however, since the site was available for at least more than 14 hours out of 24, there will be no manual fixing of accounts (there is no other way of making the individual credits). This would only delay payouts terribly as I have a tight rehearsal and other work commitments schedule over the weekend through to Wednesday.

Oh, and don’t hassle Trish about a payment! You’ll get sent to the back of the queue. (Which means you have to wait another day or two.) She’s made that one very clear.

Remember - surfs are risky. Games. But can be fun. These are just two of my current favourites. As you know, there’s about a billion out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home