Google
 
Web northerncalm.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Aut0Surf With A Zero Interview

So, here's my mini Aut0Surf (with a zero!) interview. I'll add a few comments here and there. My comments (besides questions) will be in italics.

1. What inspired you to start up an Aut0Surf?


I had been very active in the PTR/PTC side of the money making business for several years, and recently I matured into the 'Big Boy' arena, even though the PTC side gave some good returns of about $900 per month per site.

Phew, he was pretty handy at the old PTC if he was netting that much! Or he had a lot of bloody time on his hands. :)

PTC had taken a major turn for the worse, with alot of the feeds bringing in new rules, and the ever increasing issue with cheaters saw the average price per click drop. The PTR was mainly used for advertising and was used to build good downlines in the PTC's I was in.

In the past I have moaned about various sites, with poor design, poor plans, non communicating admins, silly domain names, ridiculous ROI's etc etc.

I got into a good deep chat about the whole industry with a good online friend (Hi Bro), who actually told me to shut the **** Up or do something to see how easy it is. So I thought I would. That afternoon I started thinking about what site I would run and decided on a Surf as the life of the Surf outlasts the life of the HYIP, even though they are based on the same concept.

I like the honesty of his answers so far. And his use of "put up or shut up." :)

2. Why Aut0Surf with a zero?


I get angry with the amount of stupid domains being used (same here man!), and people actually trying to convince others that they had a real business. I did not want this for my site, I just wanted to run a Surf with a domain that did not give any false impressions or hope to the masses who believe that a site called FX-xxxxx.com actually invest in Forex and return 20% Each Day.

You see names like FX-Experts, ForexSurfing, blah blah Investments etc etc all the time. I just sat there and started going through various domains I had put on paper and tried Aut0Surf and it was available, and it looked good, so I registered the domain straight away.

I'll give him a pass on the slight disrespect to my old chestnut FX Experts there, as he is merely using it to illustrate naming conventions...

It gives no false hope, no mentions of the dreaded Forex, did not give any impressions that it was a real business etc etc.

Teh DREADED Forex! However I am enjoying the honesty. We all know that 99.9% of sites that claim to be backed by "teh forex" are full of it (not including that select handful of quality such as, well, FX-Experts for example!)

3. Grams is a good idea - you don't fear any associations with MPDW and their gram system? Although I suppose every surf that uses USD could be associated with every scam that uses USD, but when something is different, sometimes people make the association with something else that has stood out!

To be honest I have never heard of them. Just googled it and I have read several of the posts on the talkgold thread.

The idea of the gram structure was simple. I was a member of CS (compact Surf), and I did make a profit. When it ended I noticed the excuses they gave and actually thought at the time that a sudden rise and fall of the price of gold could really affect a surf that had a large reserve. I worked some examples out and notice that a medium price change could affect the funds of the average surf.

I don't think that the majority of people understand that the online currency we all use (e-Gold) is actually based on the price of gold. I still see people post on forums, asking why there gold balance changes!!! Unreal if you ask me.

Too true. Many people are not realizing of this fact.

When I came to actually start planning Aut0Surf I noticed that alot of admins/ex admins were still talking about bringing in the 'Gram' structure. I was really shocked that it had not been done already, and thought that if I was going to run this surf then I wanted something different.

4. How do you plan to keep on standing out in the 'marketplace?'


Good question, and I suppose one that every admin finds hard to answer. I have not got unlimited funds for advertising, although I have got a set amount. To stand out in the market you need to be different then the hundreds of 'others' out there. I feel the 'Gram' structure is different and helps Aut0Surf stand out from the crowd.

People need to keep seeing the mention of 'Aut0Surf' be it on forums, or by banner advertising. I have active thread in some of the popular forums as some people will not visit any other forum then the one they are used to.

MoneyMakerGroup
TalkGold
KingofDollars
EMarketCafe
DreamTeamMoney
.
& TheSafelist

He has a good understanding of the need to keep the name out there to perpetuate an autosurf for the period of its life cycle - good to see!

5. Two Cashouts a month plus a reasonable cash out window could see a fair bit of longevity (Compact had three a month and gave us three massive months.) What are your plans for longevity?

The whole idea of these sites is to allow people to make money, after all that's why we all spend hours online every day looking for the right program. In an ideally world these programs would run for ever and we all would make alot of money and have no need to look for good money making opportunities online. But in the real world I hope the vast majority of people understand that this will never happen.

From an admins point of view I need to keep both sides happy. I needed to find a way to keep money inside the program while keeping the members happy. To do this I needed to decide on what kind of ROI I would operate the site on. I had thought about ranges from 10% to 20% but had noticed that the lower ROI sites lasted longer (obviously), but at the same time did not attract the vast amount of members. I talked with a few friends to see what concepts they would be happy with and made a decision on the structure I have.

6. How's the growth?

First Signs are good.

260 members with 110 of the members upgraded.

Number of sites shown in the rotator increasing every day. ( Last 5 Days Below)

2006-08-23 2495
2006-08-22 2230
2006-08-21 1966
2006-08-20 1127
2006-08-19 1151

This was of course as of a few days ago and I've noticed them ramping it up a fair bit quicker again since then.

7. Upcoming plans? Any plans for Anti-DDOS protection, as this can be a big buzz word amongst the community and having the good stuff in place could encourage a lot of people to join.

No major changes. From my experience when an admin makes a changes to the plans once the program is running it sends panic signals to the members. When I first came into the HYIP game I got hit by an HYIP who suddenly started a doubler. Once all of the happy members had deposited into the doubler the following day the site had vanished, so had the admin.

Anti-DDOS..... Yes I have seen this all over the place, especially a few months ago. However I don't think people demand it now. I talked to my host regarding this, and I agree with what they say. A DDOS attack can not really be prevented as the attacks come from different sources, yes there are pieces of software and hardware which can filter out the attacks quicker than the tech guys at the data centers but the attack still takes place. Take E-Gold for example, they have the Pro Logic protection and since they moved to that I know of several occasions that they have got attacked and remained offline for hours.

Very true actually - although it can be helpful for many people who want "anti-DDOS protection" before going into the program, not fully understanding that many surfs have used FAKE DDOSes as an EXCUSE or an EXIT STRATEGY for shutting down!

8. How long do you plan on keeping the paid sticky? People tend to panic if it is dropped too early. (I know you already answered that in the thread...)

Yes I have the sticky thread on MoneyMakerGroup, and I will keep this till the end. Some people believe that it's not needed and is just away for the MMG team to make money. Having come from another popular forum (GetPaidForum) I know that the threads at the top are active and people tend to click on those first. I think of it as a way of getting Aut0Surf noticed.

9. How do you respond to the (slightly weird I'll admit) claims that there are similarities to TenDaily (I don't see any to tell you the truth, but it'd be good to hear your opinion on it.)

I saw this on MoneyMakingGroup, at first I thought WTF, but I have read many forums and I know some people like to get there kicks by causing trouble. This happens in every forum I have ever visited hence I have never replied to that poster, and in fact I am shocked to find the poster is a member of Aut0Surf and has upgraded.

I have lost count on the number of comments made from people stating that the admin from one site is somehow connected to the admins from others. People seem to get pleasure from making a conspiracy theory out of nothing.

Sometimes the conspiracy is true, sometimes it ain't! But I like your use of "at first I thought, WTF!" Made me chuckle.

10. A little about yourself?

Scott McCann 24 years of age. Been online for sometime, experience in Paid to Read, Paid To click. Graduated to HYIP/AutoSurf.

I'm nothing special just a normal Joe. I don't know what you want me to say here.

Well, that'll do mate!

11. Still gonna be here in two months mate?

Thousand dolalr question. I imagine so as the ROI I have will allow the site to maintain a good life span.

END INTERVIEW

So there you go. I found it to be a fairly fresh and different interview to most of the guff you get from admins (and I'll admit I ask slightly different questions as well that get to the point which can change the course of the interview a bit.)

Anyway, this freshness and some of the honesty displayed has given me faith that there's a good CHANCE we'll continue to see some solid growth from Aut0Surf for a while yet!

Stay tuned, if I'm struck by inspiration (or boredom) I'll bring some more juice.

Ciao, y'all.

Aut0Surf.

1 Comments:

Blogger chancer said...

Awesome, I'm sure all your automated blanket campaigns to flog the highest paying Google keywords actually work!

NOT.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home