Google
 
Web northerncalm.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Vorsprung Durch Technik - Safety Volume One

Security and such is a big thing on the net these days so I thought I'd say a few things about that.

Firstly, if you're a pleb and still using Internet Explorer, having being forcefed by Microsoft, go get Firefox.

What is firefox? Its another browser, that's faster, leaves a smaller footprint on your memory, and is much less susceptible to spyware and malicious attacks as it does not have all the security holes that other browsers do...

However, some people are arguing that as Firefox increases in popularity its flaws will begin to be exploited too.

But as of now, Firefox is the main challenger to the browser crown, and although there may be more secure niche browsers, they still remain niche and have problems with a lot of webpages.

Firefox also allows tabbed browsing, which allows you to browse multiple pages in one window, as well as having fancy things like a basic download manager.

The link I'm providing will give you Firefox with the google toolbar. And although I'm usually against toolbars, etc. Google's is not spyware oriented, doesn't chew up your computer and makes life easier.

So, yeah, my pick, when it comes to browsers - Firefox.

To grab Firefox, use that button over there in my sidebar under the subheading 'tools!' I couldn't work out how to put a button (or even if I could) into my post!

Over there -->

Ciao,
Have a nice day y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home