Google
 
Web northerncalm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Another Brief Pause...

Hey guys and gals,

Sorry about the sproadic updates (nothing for a few days and then a blitz of incoherence for a day or two.) Just how my life is structured at the moment...

Anyway, I suppose I'll comment on something as I sometimes do, and not many of the other blogs seem to do (some people forgetting these are blogs and not some big news source. I've seen some people state crap like "this is no place for opinion!" Uh... Then what do they think a blog is? They get clouded by ref-whoring.)

Jude at NoBSHYIP (linky linky at the side and I reprint all my boring, dry 'news-style', non-opinionated crap there :p - hey, if you want a little Chancer opinion visit here! Otherwise what would be the point in a more personal-oriented blog) posted an email from one of the readers about a small problem their having with Global Online Depository.

Now, that's fine. (Although it hasn't been the done thing in the past.)

The problem is more the email itself - someone is having a minor problem! (And is understandably angry. Hey, I crack a massive sook as we say in Australia and stomp the old feet when things aren't going my way and I have a way to change them.)

However, this minor problem is an incorrectly displayed deposit in the script.

They put in $100 or so, and is only showing $12.50 in their account.

They sent an email, and received a reply asking for how they deposited the money. This was around October 10th apparently.

Now, they haven't received a reply since...

And the language of the email claims it is worse than the scammers who post FAKE numbers on the screen and run with the money!

...

Can you see why I think it's fearmongering to go posting this sort of stuff around?

This happens with EVERY HYIP/online program, and emails are sent left, right and center in relation to them (and 80% of them, at least in the early stages, are other HYIPs or smear campaigns.)

I do however think the aforementioned email is legit.

These are the problems:

Around October 10th, Global Online were on their massive anniversary tour.
Recently they shifted into phase two, and have seen a massive influx of deposits (and therefore have a massive backlog.)

So, persistence is key here, not calling them scammers.

They could well be... But I've known of people withdrawing (and depositing!) thousands. $100 incorrectly displayed is just a glitch, that will presumedly be fixed.

This is the reason some programs raise their minimums to massive heights - to avoid this sort of stuff.

Now, as I said, Global Online are not yet on my 'real' list but everyday I see and hear more interesting (and 90% positive!) things about them.

I had to wait about three weeks for a reply from support once, and this was long before the latest influx.

Another time it was within a day or two. It's the ebb and flow...

My problem is, on a hugely publically read news source, we've got someone stating that they are worse than scammers, because a minor deposit issue is being sorted out and taking a few weeks because of the current changes at G.O.D.

Really.

I'll take fake numbers on a screen and real money anyday over real numbers, and fake money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home