Google
 
Web northerncalm.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 19, 2006

GAP Becomes GAP (A Paradox!!! Or not.)

Yes, inevitably the struggling Global Ads Pro has semi-bitten-the-dust.

This has been coming for a while now but Trish fought tooth and nail. It’s a shame, but she gave it a valiant effort…

And it’s one less game for me I suppose. (Been weaning myself off the games for a while. I ebb and flow - surely enough in a few months again I’ll be playing to win again!)

Anyway, here’s the explanatory email:

“Dear Members,
Sadly, I have made the decision for us to part ways with GAP-paid-to-autosurf.
I find it extremely difficult to explain the “why”, but maybe I’ll find your understanding by summing up, that I am really a chicken, who breaks down every time there is a wave of rightfully impatient posts in forums and hackers remind of themselves by changing the e-gold account number for upgrades on GAP as well as (and probably the most) when part of GAP’s funds got stolen a while ago from one of the storage accounts.
At times it took me a couple of days to regain the strength to keep battling and recovering, but the bottom line is, without being able to afford the kind of security measures and administrative tasks improvements found on David’s 12by12daily, it has become a ridiculous battle.
So what now?
A few days of finalising the financial matters will follow as per the following:

THE PROCEDURE:
1. Upgrades have been disabled.
2. Oldest pendings will be taken care of in the first instance (aiming at having completed any with a September expiry date by midnight my time tonight, Thursday, Oct. 19th) - progress will be indicated in this section every few hours.
3. Any current active upgrades will be refunded as soon as possible (again, aiming at having this completed by midnight my time, Friday, Oct. 20th) - progress will also be indicated.
4. Once the above has been completed, further pendings will be processed, beginning with Oct. 1st outstanding ones, then Oct. 2nd. and so on until all paid up to and including Oct. 18th server time expiries - any expiries happening after Oct. 18th server time will be treated as current active upgrades that will receive a refund of amount purchase only (no profit will be paid on these).
4. Signups will continue and Terms/page content will be updated once all financial matters have been taken care of.
GAP will remain as a free traffic exchange and advertising program - you are all very welcome to stay or free to leave.
I will be gladly transferring all my efforts back to SDU (surf-down-under.com), which has again been picking up strongly and has hopefully as big a spot in your hearts as it has in mine for remaining a paying autosurf for exactly 14 months today.
Big thanks to the many members who have shown their support up to the last moment prior to this notification. I understand my decision will probably leave many surprised - it was a very difficult past 24 hours or so of decision-making. I also sincerely hope the post will not leave any member upset, as my intention is to have all funds returned and all pending cashouts paid as soon as it is physically possible (some rough calculations indicate about 28 hours of work are needed to process currently active upgrades alone - I trust you’ll appreciate it would be hard to have this done in one go).
Finally, any support mail requiring attention will be responded to as soon and when it is possible time-wise. Naturally, matters pertaining to the finalisation of GAP’s payments will be of higher priority, but, as usual, I read it all.
Off to work then, Trish - take good care everyone!
Trish”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home